Sunday, April 12, 2015

Spartan Race

Spartan Race
Charlotte, NC
April 12, 2015

22 Obstacles in 4.3 Miles

Packet Pick Up

The Map!

If you want to try a run that is fun and challenging, this is the race to do!
If you are looking for a race that is going to challenge you mentally and physically, this is the race for you! You will have a blast! Be sure to have a team put together! Even if it's a small team. You'll want to help each other throughout the event! You don't have to do a team, but it was so much more fun having a team! My brother and Shannon helped me and I helped them!



I loved this race. We were covered head to toe in mud! I knew this was going to be a hard race, but I did not realize how you need a lot of upper body strength. I personally can't lift my own weight and this whole race is about lifting your own body weight.

I'm glad that I had my brother with me. He's a US Marine and Body Builder. He was able to help get my butt up and over walls, pick me up when I needed help and was just the best brother!

The best thing about this race is that EVERYONE will encourage you and help you. It doesn't matter if you know that person or not, someone will help you! So be sure to help someone who is in need of assistance, but someone else will end up helping you!

Towards the end, I was physically exhausted. The Inverted Wall about killed me and I nearly skipped it. I was so tired that I was having a hard time pulling myself up even with 3 people pushing me. I looked over and saw other people my size and bigger than me getting over and I pulled that strength out and gave it my all. I was able to get over that inverted wall. This way at the 17th station!

By the time I was at the Barbwire (20th stations) I was done! About half way through, I told my brother I was ready to punk out! People behind me started yelling at me from behind and telling me I can do it, "you can't punk out, it's not allowed" and so forth! Encouraging words from strangers! They kept me moving, rolling, crawling, and so on!

I completed this muddy race and I'm so proud of myself! I did it! Plus, I got a FREE Beer at the end too!

The worst part of this whole thing is that it's in Charlotte, which is about 5 1/2 hours away from my home. After the race was over, I had to drive 3 1/2 hours to Wilmington to drop off my brother and his girlfriend, then another 2 hours home...MUDDY! Once home, I had to take a shower! That was one long day!

I would totally do this again! I'm looking forward to the next race, next medal, and next t-shirt! I'll be hitting up another Sprint before I try doing the Super or Beast! But I will do all 3 one year and earn a full Trifecta Metal set!

My next Spartan Race will be in Fayetteville in September. Another Sprint! They have a Super in August...not sure if I'm ready for that or not just yet! Hmmm...I may have to think about doing that!

We Did It!!! (Shannon, James and Myself)

Free Beer! Oh Yes!!

 
My Goodies! I earned that!!!

 
Must Be Earned, Never Given!
AROO!



No comments:

Post a Comment