Tuesday, November 11, 2014

What Was I Thinking? Glass Slipper Challenge 2015

A friend of mine wanted to run the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon for her 40th Birthday for 2015! I said no way! I'm a 5k runner! I have no interest in running 13.1 miles. I'll do the 10k I told her, but not the 1/2 Marathon!

She kept on and kept on. I looked into doing this run and saw they offered the Glass Slipper Challenge! So I gave her a call and said "If we are going to do this 1/2 Marathon together, we are going to go all out and we are doing the Glass Slipper Challenge!" She said, "Are you crazy! I've been begging to get you to do just a 1/2 Marathon and now you want to do the challenge!"

YES! If I'm going to spend all this money on a run, we are doing this challenge! I want those medals!

(2014 Glass Slipper Challenge Medals)

So now I'm registered for the Glass Slipper Challenge! What does the this entail? On Saturday, you run a 10k. If you complete it, you get a Enchanted Medal. Then on Sunday, you run the Princess Half Marathon. If you complete it, you get your Princess Medal AND a Glass Slipper Challenge Medal! 

I'm really excited, but I now that it's training time, I'm think...."WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!" 


I guess I was thinking I can run 19.3 miles in 2 days and I'm crazy! I've never done a race that is more than 3.1 miles (5k) and I don't run more than 3 miles when I train. This is going to be hard for me, but I know I can do it!

My biggest stress over this race is that you only have 3.5 hours to complete the half marathon. So I wonder if I can complete it! I'm getting a lot of encouragement and positivity from all my friends and family that I can do this!

It's November now and the race is Feb 19-22!

I've registered my kids also for this weekend!

My son is 6 and he's running the kids 1 mile! My daughter is 14 and she's running the Princess 5k!

My son and daughter are running on Feb. 20th. I'll run on the 21st and 22nd! A fun filled weekend at Disney just doing runs! Then offer to do the real fun!

Stay tuned to my blog and keep tabs on my runs! I'm always posting about my runs or great running products!

I'm still questioning my sanity on this race!

No comments:

Post a Comment