Saturday, September 12, 2015

Chum Run Obstacle Course

Chum Run 2.5 miles
Sept. 12, 2015
Atlantic Beach, NC 
Time: 1:30

 
Who is ready for the obstacle course? We are!

My friend Megan came across this run a few weeks prior to the event. We signed up and here we are! Ready to run the beach!

 
The Course Map and Obstacles!





 

 
Warm Ups before the Race!


Wow! That was a hard race. I've never run on the beach prior to this. It was a bit brutal. The current in the water was bad, so no Buoy Buster - we had to do what is listed for people who were no doing the water - "Failure Penalty". I'm not a burpee's kind of person, so I always skip those.

Megan and I stayed together until we go to station 2. Then I told her to go on. She runs the beach and I don't. I said you just go on. Don't wait for me. I pretty much walked to each station. Like I said, I don't run on the beach, so this way hard for me to do. My legs got a serious workout just walking and doing the obstacles.

I completed everything except the wall "Dune Hopper". The wall was too much of an incline that I wasn't able to pull myself up on their rope. So I walked around them. I attempted it once.

Overall, it was a fun race. I had a good time and met a fellow runner who was also walking. I found out she also did the Princess Half Marathon this year in Disney. So we chatted between obstacles.

We encouraged each other until the end! It's always nice to meet other runners who are at your pace and you can stick with them! I always try to find someone who is my speed if possible. 


Yes, this was a hard one, but it was a lot of fun. I'll do it again next year! It was exciting to be part of their First Annual race! Hopefully, next year we'll be able to actually swim in the water!



Be sure to click the link above to stay informed about next years race!




No comments:

Post a Comment