Saturday, February 21, 2015

RunDisney Enchanted 10k

 
runDisney Enchanted 10K
  
My Results are at the end of my blog!

It's so early in the morning! Got up at 4am to get ready! I'm running on 4 hours of sleep!
Lets Do This!

I highly recommend that you prepare for your runs! The weather in NC has been cold and I've been slacking. I think I've ran maybe 3 days to prepare. Not good.

However, I've done 2 days of Universal Studio's at this point. Running on little sleep. I had to be here at 5am. The 10k starts at 5:30am. Oh yes, it's early! I'm sleepy and my brain is not completely awake!

 
The Starting Line!
I'm in corral E for this run. It's my first 10k, so when I registered, I did not have proof of my time. So I'm in the last corral. Thats ok with me! At least I'm here doing this!
Time starts when corral A goes. There is a 10 minute wait between each corral that goes. I'm here for fun, not for time!

My pace is about 16 minutes.

 
Mile Marker 1
Woo Hoo! I made it!

 
Mile Marker 2
Yay!
Somewhere between mile 2 and mile 3, I can across a lady who was struggling hard and was on the side of the road. I was on the left and she was on the right. I saw she had no one with her. I run across everyone to get over to her. I patted her on the back and gave her encouraging words. She gave me a half smile, but I knew it meant something to her. I could see it in her eyes!

As runners, we need to do this for each other! We are all here doing the same thing. Even though I had no idea who this woman was, I just knew she needed some encouragement and I wanted to offer it to her! Even if you don't know someone, but see they need some kind words, give it to them! It really does help!

 
Mile Marker 3...almost done!

 
My Happy Face! I'm moving out of my comfort zone! I'm a 5k'er! I like to stay within 3 miles. So going beyond that 3 miles is huge for me!

 
Picture Time!
I didn't have to wait in a line, so I jumped in there!
My friend who is about 4'11" said "You finally found someone who is taller than you!"

 
Mile Marker 4
Getting closer to the finish line!

 
There are so many people, but I'm enjoying taking in the sights!

 
Mile Marker 5..WHAT WHAT!

 
Oh Yes! I'm almost done! I'm so excited!

 
Here it is! Mile Marker 6

 
FINISH LINE!
I did it! I completed my first 10k and I feel great! I'm so proud of myself!

 
Sitting down, taking a break before we try to find the car!

 
And here it is! My 10k Medal! I did it! What a great day!


MY RESULTS
5k Split - 45:45
Clock Time - 2:28:27
Net Time - 1:38:04

Div. Place - 1182
Gender Place - 7311

Total Runners - 10989
Total Women - 9740

No comments:

Post a Comment