Saturday, June 13, 2015

Restart Up

Week 1 of my ReStart Up to Running!
June 8-12, 2015

Well I fell off my own weight loss band wagon. Got a little discouraged and then it got hot and I always had an excuse. 

Yes, I am the Queen of Procrastination! I come up with a reason on why I'll do it tomorrow. I have always done that. I drive  myself crazy with my procrastination. 

Well...I havent been on the scale for a while and wanted to see how much I weighed. Yikes! 191! That hurt! 

A while back, a friend (Ashley) had asked me how did I get into running. I told her my story. You can read about it here on my blog. 

She said that she would love to start loosing weight. I gave her tips on what I have personally done to loose weight when I was doing really good last year. 

We started walking on Tuesday this week. 6:30am to start the day walking. It was hard but I got up and we went for a walk. 

The one difficult thing of having a new partner is that she is over weight and is not active at all. So walking 4 miles was a bit of a struggle for her. 

My struggle was walking slow. I felt like I was strolling slowly through Wal-Mart. I like to get my heart rate up and walk fairly fast. 

However, we were able to chat and get to know each other better. Ashley did a great job and I was so proud of her!

We took Wednesday off for her to recover. 

Thursday we went a tad farther and almost did 5 miles but not quite. It was another slow walk for me but thats alright. Ashley will get fast as her body gets use to movin' and groovin'. 

Friday Ashley wanted to try running. I'm all for running. Ashley started out really good. She started running before me. I let her get a good ways away before I started running. I saw she was starting to slow down and starting to struggle. I can up behind her, tagged her arm and told her to get to the tree and she can stop. She did it! I was so Proud!

We did a lot of running and walking for 3 miles. I asked her how she was feeling and if she was ready to stop or wanted to keep going. She said lets do one more since we've been doing 4 miles anyway. 

Off we went. We did more walking and talking than running. I could tell she was getting tired. 

We finish mile 4 and she said, "Lets do one more and make it 5". I said "Lets Do It!". 

I was so Proud of Ashley! She totally rocked! She struggled and pushed through it. She totally rocked it. 

On our way back to the car, she asked me if I was ready for tomorrow morning! I told her I would be out of town but I'm cheering her on while I'm gone!

I never have a partner that I stick with when I run. I always feel like I'm holding them back. I actually had fun keeping up at Ashley's pace. I was able to motivate her and keep her going. I felt really good helping her out. I am faster in my walk and faster in my run, but thats ok! I'm here to help her right now! She'll get there!

I'm so glad I'm getting back into the swing of things! I need to get my booty in gear and get moving again!






No comments:

Post a Comment